Saturday, June 11, 2005

And So It Ends, and Begins

Well, through 2 1/2 months of due diligence, and revelation upon revelation of bad stuff and a company worth nothing, but costing a whole pile of money to buy, my company officially withdrew it's offer to acquire the company we were interested in on Friday.

Immediately following that, I had to withdraw my consulting contract with them as well. (Though I tried to withdraw it before due diligence began, they gave me a rider that allowed both, and apparently they needed my services, since now they're a bit panicked.)

It's been an educational, and massively frustrating experience. Just when you think you're finally getting the whole story, something new pops up. Just when you think the deal can't possibly get any more costly, or packed full of more bullshit... it somehow miraculously DOES.

It boggles my mind that people think they can get away with some of the things they try to get away with. Do people think anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home